Friday, May 8, 2015

And Then There Were Two

On my desktop I have two folders with Kate's photographs in them. One collects all the photos I have posted on this blog, and the other contains the photographs I have yet to post. The former gets more populous, and the latter gets less numerous. But those aren't the "two" of the subject of this post. THAT "two" are the two sub-folders from "coming soon," and those two folders contain photographs from 2011: (1) from our three-week cottage rental in August of that year, and (2) from Watercress Pond, Caledon Hills, where Kate and I stayed three times (March, June, September) in 2011, year of so many transitions and so much hope and so much pain. I think I will alternate subject matter, as I release these photographs, bit by bit. These are the only two subjects areas that remains, the only photographs left to sort and post. To me, these pictures are all so powerful. They show what Kate was seeing in that tumultuous time. Starting here with one photograph from each source.



No comments:

Post a Comment